Thursday, November 1, 2007

Google docs and PBwiki



Ok, up front I need to say this.

I am completely prejudiced against google docs.

I worked in an office where we had the open office/star office as the basic software package.

It made my life hell.

In fact the excel spreadsheet couldn't even add up at one stage.
It was a bad experience, not because we were on the cutting edge but because the boss was effectively cheap.

This is how my return to Microsoft Office felt:




Google docs however, was a more pleasant experience and I can see where you would use it, BUT not enough to swear myself from the dark side AND not comfortable enough with the idea of the document *suddenly* going public through one of the contributors experiencing a PEBKAC
moment.

I do truly believe that the google documents concept is where it's all going eventually, but like any new tech it will meet some resistance.

PbWiki was ok, but i'll be honest I rushed it a bit and I think I would need to see it better used than the blog like/website like thing that I made up.

Anyone with a good example, (other than the holy grail of free information Wikipedia), please let me know.

No comments: